Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

Another year has come and gone... Woah, it's like Deja Vu; I feel like we were JUST ringing in the new year of 2013. Where has the time gone? 

With every new year, we all go through a list in our minds of things we plan to change, and a lot of times we make goals that are nearly impossible to achieve. 


Why? Why set yourself up for failure? Why not make your New Year's Resolution something that isn't such a big change, but would be good for you and possibly others? 


Taking that into consideration... This year, I have a simple list of 3 goals for myself to work toward in 2014. Just by achieving these 3 things, I will be so much happier in 2014.


I want to show more love to everyone around me. I want everyone I love to know that they mean the world to me. I don't want to leave people with an impression that I don't care about them. Being negative towards people (whether it's to their face or behind their back) will not make you any happier. I believe that if we all saw each other as normal people, through all of our flaws (because we ALL have them), that there would be less judging, less hatred, and less DRAMA. The only drama we should know of is that on TV and movies. If you have issues with people, sit down and think. Why do you dislike that person so much? Is it jealousy? Is it the way they look? The way they act? Think about it and ask yourself; Is that reason really worth the stress that comes with disliking that person? If the answer is no, |get over it| and MOVE FORWARD!

2 I want to be healthier. I don't want to lose a certain amount of weight, and I CERTAINLY do not want to eat rabbit food all the time. I DO, however, want to continue going to the gym (and maybe not skip so many days), take more walks with my dog, drink more water, and cut down on my stress. Mental health is just as important as physical. I am not setting any goals that require me to "hit a certain number". Those goals are more likely to turn into failed attempts. By setting goals for yourself that do not require you to reach a set number or level, you will more than likely find yourself successfully achieving those goals, and possibly even surpassing previous goals you would have normally set for yourself to reach. 

3 I want to sing more. I have loved singing ever since I could make a sound, but after my Nanny passed away, I haven't had much of a song to sing. 2014 is going to change that. I know that Nanny would roll over in her grave if I ever stopped singing completely. She was my biggest fan and always made sure I had somewhere to sing, even if it was just in front of family. So look out YouTube, Facebook, friends & family! 'Cause I WILL be heard in 2014. 


What are YOUR New Year's Resolutions? I wanna know!


***Everyone have fun tonight ringing in the New Year, and PLEASE... BE SAFE! You want to say goodbye to 2013, not to your life here on Earth!***

God Bless & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
oh, & don't forget to kiss your love at midnight!


xoxo, 
                            Holly ;)

1 comment:

  1. Babygirl, no one could ask for better. And Nanny must be smiling as I know I am. Maybe lets add some devotional time to God as I know that you are mighty grateful to Him for all your talents and many blessings. I know I need to be more mindful and give thanks more than requests. I love you more than life and hope you know how much you mean to me.

    ReplyDelete