Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Christmas DIYs/Decor



Hello everyone. Today I wanted to share with you guys (almost) all of my DIY Christmas decorations. I say almost because I will more than likely be adding a little more before Christmas actually gets here. :) I can't help myself.


These are not part of my DIYs, I just took this cool picture when we were testing out the lights that WERE going to be put on the house. Matthew got them out the day they were supposed to go up on the roof, but we discovered a short in them and had to take them back. It was a bummer, and we didn't even feel like messing with them anymore this year, so we decided to just wait until next year when we can get an earlier start.

These are probably my favorite. They were super easy, but they are soooo beautiful sitting in the middle of the dining room table. I love making my own centerpieces. I can't see myself spending all the money on one from Pier 1 or somewhere like that when it's so much more worth it (and a LOT cheaper) just to make my own. 
-I had a bunch of empty wine bottles that I removed the labels from for crafting and I spray painted these a metallic silver (not necessary, but I wanted an extra shiny effect)
-Epsom Salt makes the snowy looking stuff on the bottles (the Target brand is cheap and it works just as good)


-Paint the bottles with Mod Podge and then poured the Epsom Salt over them to cover the whole bottle
-The pretty silver glittery stuff that's sticking out of the tops came from Target (I can't remember how much they were, but they were cheap!)
-The silver pine cones, the snowflakes, and the ornaments all came together in a pack at Target. (ps I love Target)
-I also got the serving dish from target for around 14 dollars, and you can't really see it but there is some artificial snow in the bottom of the dish that also came from target for like 3 bucks for a big box of it! 




This is our fireplace in the living room. The poinsettias are no longer there because they are poisonous to dogs, and you know I can't risk anything happening to KaylaBug! 
-The top garland was some cheap gold, green, and red garland from Target that I just twisted with some battery powered lights and laid across the mantle.
-The silver owl wax warmer came from target too (I think it was around $16)
-The glittery polar bear and snowman came from the dollar store. 
-I made the draping garland by just stringing dollar store ornaments onto a piece of ribbon and added a big gold glittery bell (dollar store) to the center.


O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!
It now has a big red bow on top, but I didn't take an updated picture(sorry!!!). It also has presents under it now :D My dream home would have super tall ceilings so I can have a big ol' 12 foot Christmas tree! A girl can dream, can't she?
Remember the BIG box of fake snow I was telling you I got from Target for 3 bucks? Well, I had to find a place for the leftover stuff (including the extra snowflakes and ornaments)... So I took out all of the stuff that was in this bowl in the guest bathroom and made it Christmas-y :D Pretty! 
I went to Wal-Mart yesterday after work FOR FACE WASH... And left with 3 of these wreath forms. I came home and made this one for the mirror in the dining room to match the centerpiece, and I have plans for the other two (which is why I said I was more than likely going to be adding more decorations before Christmas day). Don't judge me... It's addicting!
Y'all, I bought so many ornaments from the dollar store it ain't even funny! I decided to make an ornament wreath to go along with all of my other ornament decorations, only I decided to do silver and gold only for the outside wreath... That way if I don't want to change it all winter, it will be A OKAY! I had my spring wreath up all through summer and finally changed it for fall! I have to get better with my timing. 
Then I went Black Friday shopping and got these two outdoor Christmas trees from Belk for $39! (Look at that cutie patootie in the window!)
For the next part you're about to witness... I NEEDED some liquid encouragement. (and I wanted to show you guys my festive nails)


This year I decided to do DIY gifts... I won't get any more specific than that in case some of the recipients are reading this (ya little nosies... lol) Although this is a cheaper route... It is a lot more stressful... Especially for the amount of these I am making!
THIS is what I meant when I said I needed some "encouragement". It took a lot of guts for me to jump into this sea of crazy!



Now, time to relax and wait for the Christmas festivities to begin!


After it is all said and done, it's always worth it to see the ones you love happy. 



I hope everyone has a very blessed and Merry Christmas!



xoxo,

                Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment