Friday, December 27, 2013

Help Get Me To Nashville To Audition For The Voice!

I'm Auditioning For The Voice!!!
To help out vist my GoFundMe page! (click here)
**YouTube videos at the bottom of this post!**

Ever since I can remember I've always had an obsession with music. My dad was always in a band growing up and I couldn't get enough of it! I loved hearing him sing and play the guitar. I loved watching all of the people he played for, applauding him and whistling and screaming for him, and I knew I wanted that to be me one day. 

When I was about 11 I got the guts to get on the stage with him and sing along with another girl to "Mama He's Crazy" by The Judds. I got really comfortable with that so we started singing more songs together. Eventually, I wanted everyone to hear ME. Just me. 

The following family reunion, my Nanny (grandma) asked me if I would sing "Daddy's Hands" in front of the family... So, I did. I was a little nervous to sing by myself, but the reaction I got from everyone would soon fire up my passion for singing. Everyone was in complete awe as I sang my little country heart out. They all started screaming and clapping for me, and I knew from that moment forward, I wanted to do this; I wanted to sing.

I practiced that song with my Daddy at home to get all the kinks out, and then... The next Saturday night, I went solo on my first song at the Red Barn where the band played. I got on stage and once again, everyone was in awe. They knew I could sing, but could only hear my voice mixed with the other girl. When they all heard me sing that song by myself, I thought I would never make it back to my seat. They were all so eager to come up and hug me and tell me how great I was. The best part about it? They all talked about how I got it from my Daddy. Growing up loving to watch him, and then hearing that I was like him, just made me want to do it even more! 

I continued to sing more and more at the Red Barn, and when I turned 16, I auditioned for American Idol. Now, some people seem to think that when you audition for one of these shows, you're automatically one of those people on TV that everyone loves or laughs at. No.

These singing competitions typically have 2-3 rounds of auditions before you ever make it to the televised auditions. If you think of how many people go out to the first audition (thousands upon thousands) you would realize, all of those people can not be on the televised auditions. The show would never end. 

So I went to Atlanta, Georgia and auditioned at the Georgia Dome, and was turned away at the first audition. However, dude beside me in a "fat suit" made it to the next level. That was when I realized that I didn't want to be on a show that allowed people on just to get laughed at. I wanted to find a competition that was looking strictly for talented singers. 

I continued singing at the Red Barn until I was about 19 and eventually, Dad quit the band. I didn't really sing much after that, other than occasionally in church and at a few military events. And when I lost Nanny, I truly had no song to sing.

Nanny was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer around late July-early August of 2011. The doctors gave her 3 months, but by September 9th it had spread to her liver and she left this earth to be in Heaven. 

It has been over 2 years since she passed away, and it's still extremely hard for me, but I know that if she could be here, she would NOT be very happy with me if she knew I had stopped singing. 

So, on February 1st of 2014, I will be in Nashville, Tennessee... Auditioning for The Voice. I started a fundraiser to try to raise some money for a hotel, gas, food, etc... Because I have to be prepared to stay there from Friday to Friday, in case of a call back audition. If you don't know... That adds up to be very expensive. I will sleep in my car if I must, and I will eat sandwiches from home... But I will be going to Tennessee on the 31st of January, and I pray to God I get to stay for that second audition!

If anyone would like to help out, you can go to my GoFundMe page to make a donation. Anything helps! 

Please help me chase my dream!

God Bless!









No comments:

Post a Comment