Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Count Your Blessings


I just wanted to address something really quick this morning. 

Life is not promised. You are not guaranteed to wake up tomorrow morning, or even make it through the rest of the day. We do not have the time to sit around thinking of the negative in our lives. Instead, we should be taking advantage of the blessings we have been given.

I don't understand why I hear people complaining all day about how much they hate their job, or how much they wish they could be rich. The fact of the matter is, you HAVE a job. There are many others who are less fortunate and would do anything they could to be in YOUR shoes. 

I have a job, a car that gets me where I need to be, and a place that I can call home. These are a few of the many blessings in my life, and I make sure to thank God for them often. 

We often get lost in the material things in life and forget about what truly matters. There are so many bad things happening in the world today, and it's only getting worse. Those material things are not going to get you by on Judgement Day, so you may want to think more about the time you have left to spend with family and friends, and what you can do to better your life and the lives of others. 

You may not realize it, but no matter how many things are going wrong in your life, you have more things to be THANKFUL for. Don't believe me? Sit down, and Count Your Blessings. I promise you there's more than you think.

XOXO,
                     Holly 

1 comment: